senpy – Python framework to generate SCIA Engineer data
The senpy package is a small Python framework to facilitate the generation of XML-files for SCIA Engineer. There is one example file (SpiralStair.py) that shows how to use the senpy framework to generate a spiral staircase.
Basically you have to import gvTools_SEN_XML.py into your own Python script, and then you can use:
- The SEN_Node class to create nodes
- The SEN_Beam class to create 1D members (line, arc and parabola)
- The SEN_Support class to create a point support in a node or on a 1D member
- The writer class to write the XML file.
Importing the generated XML file into SCIA Engineer can be done by:
- Opening SCIA Engineer
- Creating a new .esa project
- Selecting File > Update > XML, and then selecting the XML file that was generated with the senpy package.