Nodal loads input tool
Engineers often exchange data about point loads, to take the reactions from one part of a building as loads on the other part. This data is sometimes presented with 6 values per node (3 forces & 3 moments for each X, Y, Z axis). As SCIA Engineer approaches node loads differently (1 value, with an arbitrary direction), this Excel-based tool will facilitate the input of such data in SCIA Engineer.
Excel VBA-based tool to import the defined line loads on Beams into SCIA Engineer
Input the parameters for line loads on beams. Very useful when you have to add a lot of line loads, or when you want to ‘generate’ these loads yourself, and import them into SCIA Engineer.
Macros need to be enabled for this tool to work.
- Copy-paste the forces data to the “Point loads” sheet
- Click “Create file” to generate an XML input file for SCIA Engineer (and its associated “*.xml.def” definition file)
- In SCIA Engineer, make sure that there are load cases and node names as used in the Excel
- Importing the exported Line Load on Beam into Scia Engineer
- Open SCIA Engineer
- Open the .esa project from point 1. (see above)
- Select File > Update > XML, and select the exported XML file from point 3. (see below)
This is not official SCIA software and is delivered without any warranty, so always verify the imported data.