Robot text file (.STR) import into SCIA Engineer
Excel VBA-based tool to import the content of a Staad (.STD) file into SCIA Engineer.
List of imported objects:
- Sections (always check them, also the material)
Macros need to be enabled for this tool to work.
- Browse to locate your STR file
- Click "Read" to import the data into this Excel (see the "Data" tab to check the imported data)
- Click "Write XML" to write the SCIA EngineerXML file, with its companion .XML.DEF file in the same folder as the STR file
- In SCIA Engineer, use the menu items "Import XML" or "Update XML"
This is not official SCIA software and is delivered without any warranty, so always verify the imported data.
Profiles & materials need specific review, as they are difficult to automatically map between two different software
If your file doesn't work, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.