Robot text file (.STR) import into SCIA Engineer
Excel VBA-based tool to import the content of a Staad (.STD) file into SCIA Engineer.
List of imported objects:
- Sections (always check them, also the material)
Macros need to be enabled for this tool to work.
- Browse to locate your STR file
- Click "Read" to import the data into this Excel (see the "Data" tab to check the imported data)
- Click "Write XML" to write the SCIA EngineerXML file, with its companion .XML.DEF file in the same folder as the STR file
- In SCIA Engineer, use the menu items "Import XML" or "Update XML"
Profiles & materials need specific review, as they are difficult to automatically map between two different software
This is not official SCIA software and is delivered without any warranty, so always verify the imported data.
If you have any feedback, comments, requests, please feel free to contact us at our e-mail [email protected].