KOALA - Grasshopper plugin for SCIA Engineer
Koala is a VB.NET script component to connect Grasshopper with SCIA Engineer for parametric/generative design.
It takes Grasshopper geometry and produces a SCIA Engineer XML with the corresponding data.
- Straight segments
- Circle arcs
- Flat or curved surfaces with 3 to 4 edges
- Beam rotations (by local Z vector)
- Supports (partial)
- Batch-mode: ability to run an analysis and get results through "esa_xml.exe"
- Open the Grasshopper script and feel free to connect any geometry you want to the Koala component.
- Set up the input fields (file paths, etc) of the component according to your system
- Make sure that the koala.xml.def file is in the same folder as the generated XML file to ensure proper import
- In SCIA Engineer, use the menu items "Import XML" or "Update XML"
This is not official SCIA software and is delivered without any warranty, so always verify the imported data.
If you have any feedback, comments, requests, please feel free to contact me.