Concrete Corbel Design
Concrete Corbel Design is a Design Form based calculation ready to be linked into SCIA Engineer. It serves for design and check of directly supported concrete corbel according to Eurocode 2 and implemented national annexes. The strut-and-tie model concept prescribed in EC2 is used for the analysis.
The concrete corbel is checked according to the regulations given in: Eurocode 2 Design of concrete structures Part 1-1: General rules and rules for buildings EN 1992-1-1:2004 (E). The conceptual framework according to article 5.6.4 of the code is involved, where the stress distribution in the discontinuity region of a concrete corbel is covered as strut-and-tie model (STM). The model consists of struts representing compressive stress fields, of ties representing the reinforcement, and of the connecting nodes. The forces in the elements of a strut-and-tie model is determined by maintaining the equilibrium with the applied loads in the ultimate limit state. The elements of strut-and-tie models is dimensioned according to the rules given in article 6.5.
Installation of the Corbel Design form to SCIA Engineer is as follows:
- Download the attached zip file with the sources
- Open SCIA Engineer application
- In the menu, go to Setup > Options
- In the dialog, go on tab Directories
- Find a path to directory for Open checks option
- Extract the content of zip file into this directory
- Open attached example 'Cobel_EN.esa'
- Run the liner analysis
- In the tree, go to Integrated Design Form > Check Manager
- Click on [New] and select CorbelDesign_SEN option
- Optionally update the settings of the form (like icon or category)
- In the tree, find the result service Corbel Design
- Select the command 1D member data
- Change the data there if necessary and applied the data on the corbel beam
- Select the command Corbel Design to execute the check on this member
This is not official SCIA software and is delivered without any warranty, so always verify the imported data.
If you have any feedback, comments, requests, please feel free to contact us at our e-mail email@example.com.