This module is used for design and check of reinforced concrete plates and walls according to code. Design of reinforcement can also be executed to limit cracking at SLS and crack checks can be performed for plates and walls according to EC2.
|Calculation of the theoretically required longitudinal and shear reinforcement|
|The program calculates two or three reinforcement layers on both sides of the plate or wall|
|Simple dialogues for the input of the concrete data (concrete cover, reinforcement) and the normative factors|
|Results are for theoretical required reinforcement per layer are available as numerical or graphical output (isolines, isobands, cuts...)|
Design of reinforcement for plates and walls is available for a large number of Eurocode Annexes or National codes. Each code is included in a separate module as follow:
- esacd.02.01: RC plates and walls analysis - EC 2
esacd.02.02:RC plates and walls analysis - DIN 1045-1
- esacd.02.03: RC plates and walls analysis - NEN 6720
esacd.02.04: RC plates and walls analysis - ÖNORM B 4700
- esacd.02.05: RC plates and walls analysis - ACI-318
- esacd.02.06: RC plates and walls analysis - BAEL
esacd.02.07: RC plates and walls analysis - CSN
esacd.02.08: RC plates and walls analysis - SIA 262
esacd.02.09: RC plates and walls analysis - BS
esacd.02.11: RC plates and walls analysis - STN
Working with the module RC plates and walls
The design and check of the structure is done in the graphical environment of SCIA Engineer. The plates or walls to-be-checked are selected graphically with the mouse pointer. Graphical functions such as Pan, Zoom in/out, Zoom Window, user-defined viewpoint, selection by intersection line, etc. make the work easy, even for complex structures. The input of concrete cover and reinforcement bars is done in a clear dialogue window.
The program calculates two or three required layers of reinforcement on both sides of the plate. The layers of reinforcement do not have to be placed orthogonally. They can be oriented in any direction to each other. It is also possible to calculate the reinforcement with a different thickness than the one defined in the model. The same is valid for walls in addition it is also possible here to work with one layer reinforced walls that are used in practice for thin plates.
The graphical output will show all kinds of interesting results:
- The design internal forces that are used for the calculation of the reinforcement;
- The required reinforcement in every layer (also for crack control) together with background calculation details that give the user more insightfulness;
- The mass of the reinforcement;
- Several options for the display of results: isobands, isolines with or without labels, coloured or greyscale, sections, user scale isobands, etc;
- Graphical output in a section across the structure;
- Results in the nodes or centre of an element;
- The graphical output can be exported (BMP, WMF, DXF, DWG, VRML, 3D PDF, etc.).
All items can be inserted into the document and can be adapted to meet user’s wishes.
The document can be active which means that some of the input values can be changed in the document and the model will automatically adjust these changes.
All the important factors and code coefficients are proposed by the program and are editable by the user.
Internal forces of elements are calculated in the direction of the layers of reinforcement. The reinforcement is calculated from these internal forces and introduced limitations. The required area of tensile and compression reinforcement is calculated in every element and in every node of every element. For EC2 module, the program can also carry out the calculation of required reinforcement based on a crack proof.
Seamless integration with structural analysis
The results of the calculation (first order or second order calculation) are taken directly from the SCIA Engineer modules for structural analysis. The results are available also in the Engineering report of the project.