The esas.10 module allows you to perform second order calculation on frame structures. It includes the calculation of the structure in deformed condition, taking into account the P-Delta effect (initial displacements and member imperfections) as well as the influence of normal forces on the stiffness.
|Easy-to-use modelling of special types of structural members.|
|Simple application of special types of analysis.|
|Possibility to run multiple analysis (linear, non-linear ...) in a batch.|
|Manual and automatic mesh refinement.|
Second order analysis can be performed on initially deformed structure taking into account geometric imperfection (initial deformations and member imperfections):
- Bow imperfection specified by the user or according to Eurocode
- Global imperfection specified by the user or according to Eurocode
- General buckling shape from the stability analysis
Two calculation methods are available:
- The Timoshenko method can assess building structures with small horizontal deformations where the normal force in the elements remain constant during second-order calculations;
- The Newton-Raphson method determines effects under gradually applied loads. This method is optimal for structures with significant deformations, where the normal force in the elements changes during calculations.