As an extension to the linear calculation of construction stages (esas.27), this module considers in a specific stage the geometry of the deformed construction from the previous stage. In SCIA Engineer, this analysis type can be applied to 3D frame structures.
|Successive assembling or casting of structural elements.|
|Progressive construction of cross-sections.|
|Gradual application of loads and prestressing.|
|Changes of boundary conditions.|
|Removal of temporary structural elements.|
- Non linear analysis of each stage. Non linearities which can be included:
- Non linear supports.
- Beam non linearity (e.g. tension or compression only).
- Non linear hinges.
- Geometrical non linearity (P-Delta effect).
- The initial Stress/Strain values for a stage are taken from the calculated result of the previous stage.
- Evolution of the static system of the structure in each stage is taken into account through:
- addition or removal of structural members,
- addition or removal of supports,
- progressive construction of cross-sections (phased cross-sections),
- gradual application of loads and prestressing (when combined with Pre-tensioning module, esas.40).