SCIA Engineer 16.1
SCIA Engineer 16.1 builds upon the strong foundations laid out in SCIA Engineer 16 and comes with great variety of useful enhancements and extensions in many areas of the program. The main focus of this update is on extended design of reinforced concrete, steel connections and composite beams according to building codes. As always, we also included numerous improvements simplifying the day-to-day work.
The solution for design of reinforced concrete beams, columns and ribs has been further extended by reinforcement templates and it now covers the complete workflow:
- Definition of basic amount of reinforcement.
- Definition of settings for the calculation of the additional reinforcement
- Selection of templates from a library.
- Calculation of required area of reinforcement or required number of bars of a given diameter
- Calculation of shear reinforcement as required area or as required number of legs
Review and check
- Comparison of the required area of reinforcement with the limit values stipulated in the code.
Version 16.1 of SCIA Engineer brings a brand new solution to design slabs and floors according to ACI 318-14. With this solution, it is possible to calculate the necessary reinforcement for bending and shear for the ultimate limit state.
- Calculation of required longitudinal and shear reinforcement.
- Design according to detailing provision of ACI 318-14.
- Detailed output with all applied formulas
Section Check (SC) is a smart solution for design, assessment and checking of concrete sections of members integrated into SCIA Engineer 16. New features in version 16.1 include:
- Storing section check details in the project
- Visualization of results in the 3D model
- Visualization of results in Table Results
- Dynamic Engineering Report with regeneration of results
Steel & Composite Design
- Base plate connections design in full compliance with EN 1993-1-8 including calculation of moment resistance, determination of rotational stiffness, classification of the connection.
- The length of anchor bolts is now determined according to EN 1992-1-1 and the strengthening effect of the concrete block around the zone in contact with the base plate is taken into account.
- Beam-to-column connection with 4 bolts now calculates the tension resistance of groups of bolt rows.
- The built-in libraries have been extended by bolts, screws, nuts and washes according to the latest ISO/EN codes.
- Better arranged and clearer report.
The analysis and design of composite beam floor systems presents a few interesting improvements in version 16.1:
- Provision for the weight of fresh concrete.
- Unused option are hidden from the setup to make the table clearer.
- Shear stud resistance using NCCI PN001a-GB based on tests done between 2006 and 2008.
- Modern sheeting geometries.
New features are found also in the module for the design of composite floors according to the U.S. codes:
- Provision for the weight of fresh concrete.
- Beam resistance at a web opening (in cellular beams).
- Ignoring the composite action in negative moment regions.
- Detailed check of sufficient flange thickness in AutoDesign.
- Improved diagrams and detailed report in the Engineering Report.
Analysis & Results
- Clearer arrangement of options and settings related to 2nd and 3rd order calculation. (read more)
- Definition of seismic spectrum according to the latest Dutch Practice NPR 9998 for earthquake resistant buildings. (read more)
- Seismic calculation using the equivalent lateral forces (ELF) method in compliance with the US code: ASCE 7-10. (read more)
Reporting & BIM
- Faster IFC import and reduced memory footprint allowing for smoother work with extensively large models. (read more)
- Revit link supporting Revit 2017 (build 297).
User support & feedback
- Different margins for even and odd pages for printing out booklets
- Live pictures without scale for more comfortable handling of picture sizes
- Showing only rows relevant to entities selected in the graphical window
- Filtering by interval of the value and by load case
- Extension of input for 2D members and load panels
- Rounding of values with unnecessarily high number of decimal digits
- Respecting the current activity settings
- Customizable toolbars with user-preferred order of buttons
- Each induvial function can now be assigned a user-defined shortcuts (hotkey)
- View parameters settings can be saved and reloaded to other projects
|All SCIA Engineer users are invited to participate in the testing of our Beta version of the design of 2D concrete members according to ULS which now newly includes also the calculation of crack width.|